• TEST YOUR
Are you up to the task? Each month ZimNotes will feature a one-question quiz to help ensure you know basic but critical information about fundraising, leadership, boards and other relevant nonprofit areas. Answers will appear both on our website and in the next issue of ZimNotes. Regular ZimNotes readers should have no problem answering these questions; for those that get them wrong you may need to review older ZimNotes articles or check our articles section!
1) When faced with declining revenues, nonprofits should do all of the following except which one?
a) Make marketing and public relations a high priority in order
not to be a "best-kept secret."
Who donated the most money in the US to nonprofits last year?
When planning a major donor campaign it is best
6) Which of the following are considered to be a board member's fundraising responsibilities?
a) To make a financial contribution to the extent
of your capacity.
a) Making sure all your board meetings are open
to the public
a) Tell donors you may need to close your doors
if they don't give now
10) Which one of the following leadership characteristics is the newest on the landscape?
11) In choosing a chair of your organization's capital campaign committee, what should be your priority?
A current board member with good connections
in the community.
12) Which of these is not a good tip for grantwriting?
Pay more attention to describing your
program than your philosophy.
13) Which of the following questions should be answered yes before you initiate a capital campaign?
a) Does your agency need a building,
a piece of land or a piece of equipment?
14) Which of the following is least the case?
a) Donating to a nonprofit makes you
15)Board minutes should do all of following except:
briefly the high point of discussion
16) Which one below is not part of being a strategic advocate as a board member?
Members ask deliberate questions about
the end results you are looking for
on any given issue.
Copyright 2013 Zimmerman Lehman.
This information is the property of Zimmerman Lehman. If you would like to reprint this information, please see our reprint and copyright policy.